One of the first adult day health care programs in Western Massachusetts, Wernick has been a trusted resource for families of all faiths who are looking for a safe and stimulating adult day health environment.
Our Adult Day Health Care program allows you to take care of work, errands, appointments, and other commitments while you take comfort in knowing that your loved one is in good hands. We cater specifically to the individual needs of those with medical/physical limitations and memory impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease.
In addition to caring for our participant’s physical needs, we understand the importance of meaningful stimulation and engagement. Each day’s schedule includes a range of activities designed to promote and enhance socialization and participation. We also limit the size of the program so that our staff can truly get to know every attendee and provide an individualized level of care.
Wernick Adult Day Health Care is located on the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Campus of JGS Lifecare in Longmeadow, Massachusetts. We accept various insurance programs, including Medicaid and the Veterans Administration. Long Term Care Insurance (must qualify) and private pay are also accepted.
Our programs are designed for enjoyment as well as to enhance one’s self-esteem:
- Music & Memory™ Program
- Exercises to build strength and encourage movement
- Concerts and other music-oriented programs
- Baking and cooking
- Bingo and other games
- Group sharing and socialization
- Recreational and therapeutic activities
- Community outings
- Word games, trivia, crossword puzzles
- Creative arts program
- Current events
Adult Day Health Services coordinate care to maintain the participant’s ability to live at home by providing supportive medical and social services. Services include:
- Medication management – medication administration, injections, diabetic management, and other treatments
- Skilled nursing, education, and teaching
- Wellness care
- Personal care
- Monitoring weight, vital signs, and blood sugar
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Full day hours 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Transportation arrangements available (Additional fee)
- Liaison between physicians and case managers to help coordinate care
- Social service support and caregiver teaching
- Caregiver support group available
Adult Day Health starting at $75.00 per day