Licensed Social Worker | Leonard Florence Center for Living
For more information on open positions at Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-6337.
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare-a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit’the only one of the kind in the world!
The social worker facilitates residents care in the nursing home by identifying their psychosocial, mental and emotional needs along with providing, developing, and/or aiding in the access of services to meet those needs. She /He are responsible for fostering a climate, policies and routines that enable residents to maximize their individuality, independence and dignity. This climate shall provide residents with the highest practical level of physical, mental and psychosocial well-being and quality of life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Addresses Advanced Directives with residents and/or responsible parties on admission of facility and quarterly.
- Responsible for MMSE on admission. Does social service section of the MDS.
- Completes page 3 of patient care referral form and put in the resident’s chart 12-24 hours prior to discharge.
- Works with the interdisciplinary team and administration to promote and protect resident rights and the psychological well being of each resident.
- Ensures Health Care Proxy is present upon admission of facility and/or is initiated as indicated.
- Participates in quality assurance interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Develops, maintains and utilizes a listing of current community resources that are useful to residents and their families/significant others.
- Educates residents and families/significant others regarding their rights and responsibilities, effective problem solving and the extent of community, health and social services that are available to them, including those necessary for effective discharge planning.
- Assists residents/families complete and submit Mass Health or long term care conversion applications.
- Coordinates the resident discharge planning process and makes referrals for appropriate home care services prior to the resident’s return to the community.
- Participates in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident that identifies the psychosocial needs/issues of the resident, the goals to be accomplished for those needs/issues, and the appropriate social work interventions.
- Discusses with nursing and rehab staff to determine specific resident needs for nursing, therapy, and home equipment needs.
- Exemplifies professionalism and exhibit values which contribute to the achievement of the Mission of the Chelsea Jewish Nursing Home.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Notifies Hospice, DDS, and other related agencies of relevant resident care plan meetings.
- Massachusetts Social Work License (LCSW or LICSW)
- Academic credentials as mandated by current state licensure requirements
- Previous experience in a LTC setting preferred
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals and Snacks!
- Free Groceries!
- Free Parking!
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus / Routes 93/1/1A/16
- And more!
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living