Physical Therapist Full time
**For more information on open positions at Deutsches Altenheim, text “Jobs” to 351-666-8437.
German Centre at Deutsches Altenheim located in West Roxbury, MA, is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking a Physical Therapist (PT) to join the Deutsches Altenheim team at the German Centre and support our residents.
As a member of our Therapy Team, the Physical Therapist provides caring and compassionate services to our residents to include assessment and treatment and initiation of referrals when appropriate and in accordance with department procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist
- Current state licensure in Massachusetts
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, equipment and/or residents.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch regularly
- Must be able to use hands to manipulate tools, equipment, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
- Must have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability members
- Provides Physical Therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate
- Conduct screenings of residents as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to determine need for intervention/treatment
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, family, and other team members
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members
- Develops, coordinates and implements treatment plans
- Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA
- And more!
Hours: Part time
Deutsches Altenheim conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Deutsches Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
keywords: physical therapy, PT, therapy, rehab, rehabilitation, geriatric, seniors, nursing home, healthcare, long term care, skilled nursing