Occupational Therapist (OT)
**For more information on open positions at Deutsches Altenheim, text “Jobs” to 351-666-8437.
German Centre at Deutsches Altenheim located in West Roxbury, MA, is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join the Deutsches Altenheim team at the German Centre and support our residents.
As a member of our Therapy Team, the Occupational Therapist (OT) provides caring and compassionate services to our residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with department procedures
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Conduct screenings of residents as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to determine need for intervention/treatment
- Coordinates treatment plan with residents, family, and other team members
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Current Massachusetts licensure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and electronic
- Experience in Geriatrics or home care is preferred
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for OTR
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
Hours: Full time
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA
- And more!
Deutsches Altenheim conducts checks professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Deutsches Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
keywords: occupational therapy, therapy, OT, rehab, rehabilitation, geriatric, seniors, nursing home, healthcare, long term care, skilled nursing