At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, we are committed to not only providing compassionate and comprehensive care for our residents, but also maintaining a culture where our staff is not just valued, they are rewarded. We are a leader in the industry when it comes to the value we place on resident care and employee appreciation. In addition, we offer extremely competitive wages, a generous benefits program and opportunities for professional growth, with an emphasis on work/life balance. Simply put, we place an enormous value on our staff and we are not afraid to show it.
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit the only one of the kind in the world!
We are currently seeking a skilled, dedicated and reliable Cook to join our team!
- Performs cooking, prepping and sanitation tasks daily
- Assists in the inventory and stocking of all orders and supplies to ensure meals are complete
- Works closely with Food Service Director and Registered Dietician to create and execute meals
- Keeps and updates binders on recipes for all food items
- Inspects purchased food for high standard quality
- Responsible for participation in all special events related to food and services
- Maintains high standards in Kosher food preparation and service
- Ensures all meals are served accurately, dietary needs are met, and food substitutions are appropriate
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic Life Insurance (company paid 1x annual salary)
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, LTD, STD, Whole Life Insurance)
- Vision Insurance (24+ hours/week)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holiday
Minimum of five years restaurant or food service experience