At JGS Lifecare , our employees are more than staff, they’re family. Because they do so much for others, we try to give as much as we can back to them. Our employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits and educational/professional development activities, including:
- Life, Health and Dental
- Long Term Disability (LTD)**
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Flexible Schedules**
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- Mileage Reimbursement**
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity**
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
* JGS Lifecare offers competitive benefits to all eligible employees, most of which are effective after completion of a 90-day introductory period (some are subject to a 6-month or 1-year period before taking effect).
** Where applicable
At JGS Lifecare, we want our employees to succeed. We provide a variety of scholarships and initiatives for continuing education, as well as certification courses, so our staff can do exactly that. Take a look at some of the programs we have to offer:
JGS Lifecare Frankel-Kinsler Scholarship Program
Annual scholarship program to support the continuing education, certification/re-certification, and professional development of benefit eligible employees (FT/PT) who are seeking a degree that will benefit their current position and/or the organization.
Education Assistance Program
Provides eligible employees financial assistance for reimbursement of tuition and expenses per program guidelines towards undergraduate or graduate courses and professional certification programs.
Partnership with UMass School of Nursing
Provides on-site nursing faculty to work campus-wide with nurses and other staff on Quality Improvement initiatives and act as the clinical resource specialist for JGS Lifecare.
Nursing Research Initiatives
On-site nursing faculty work with nurses and other staff members on the nursing research projects and evidence-based practice.
NICHE Program – Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders
Offers preparatory course toward Certification in Gerontological Nursing.
Extensive in-service and development programs for all staff, including the Chase Clinical Ladders and Management Training programs.
Throughout the year, activities/events are planned and offered through our employee-driven Employee Activities and Health and Wellness, and Social Media Committees to provide JGS Lifecare staff opportunities to socialize with one another, recommend changes to management, and take advantage of discount opportunities.
Our employees also participate in community-related activities, such as the United Way Day of Caring, Toys for Tots, clothing and food drives.