Resident Care Assistant
Resident Care Assistant- Ruth’s House
1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift- Full time, Part time, & per diem openings!
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
To provide assistance with one or more of the Activities of Daily Living and Self-administered Medication Management either through physical support or supervision to our Residents.
- Provide hands-on resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents, and as outlined in each resident’s Individual Service Plan
- Assists in providing residents with a positive physical, social and psychological environment
- Effectively communicates with residents and families
- Notifies appropriate supervisor of any changes in condition or concerns
- Reviews the daily log and makes appropriate entries as needed
- Performs all job requirements in a manner that exemplifies the Mission Statement of JGS LifeCare
- Compliance with the annual in-service training requirements as outlined in the Assisted Living Regulations from the Executive Office of Elder Affaires (EOEA)
- Other duties as deemed necessary/appropriate and as assigned
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, Nursing Assistant certification and or Home Health Aide certification issued by the state of Massachusetts
- Must be at least 18 years of age (exception at the discretion of the Executive Director)
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which included a medical and physical examination
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize task and assignments
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other staff
- Ability to meet physical demands including standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting or transferring a minimum of 60lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.