Occupational Therapy Assistant- Per Diem
Occupational Therapy Assistant
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings.
At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide occupational therapy services to patients by assisting in the assessment and treatment, development and implementation of programs, and related professional in-services as directed by JGS Lifecare in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Director of Rehabilitation, to assure that the rehabilitation needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis, and to act as a role model for others in the facility. These duties are performed under the direction of physician’s orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Occupational Therapy Services to residents under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist
- Assists the Occupational Therapist in the evaluation process as directed
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at appropriate intervals under the direction of the Occupational Therapist
- Assists the Occupational Therapist in identifying a problem list, short-term goals, long-term goals and treatment plan
- Conducts individual, supervised and group treatment as assigned by the Occupational Therapist and/or Director of Rehabilitation
- Monitors resident’s response to intervention and consults with Occupational Therapist if modification is indicated
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as appropriate for treatment regimen
- Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the Occupational Therapist and/or Director of Rehabilitation
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment; trains resident and caregiver in the use or application of orthotics and prosthetics
- Participates in resident, family and staff education
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education, and professional development as required by state practice acts for the maintenance of licensure
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining all required professional credentials and/or licensure
- Adheres to Occupational Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Occupational Therapy services
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards
- Records billable treatment times according to Occupational Therapy Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to Director of Rehabilitation
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Maintains positive relationship and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Programs as required
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Current state licensure or license eligible in states where applicable
- Successful completion of the National Certification for O.T.A.
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, equipment and/or residents.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch regularly
- Must be able to use hands to manipulate tools, equipment, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
- Must have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability members
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.