Nursing Supervisor – Interim, Per Diem, Part-Time
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
Position Summary: The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the administrative, operational, and clinical activities of the Nursing Department. The Nursing Supervisor collaborates with other managers on issues related to a specific unit, personnel, and unit based operations and also collaborates with nursing administration on issues that affect the unit. Other duties could include being part of the 11pm-7am weekly on-call rotation and fill in as a Charge Nurse within all units of the home. This position imparts leadership, supervision and support to unit staff on assigned shift, with the main objective being to provide care in accordance with the philosophies, objectives and established policies of the facility and the nursing department.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Nurse in Massachusetts.
- Registered Nurse preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated supervisory experience
- Expert in PCC software
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Experience in Geriatrics or long-term care desirable
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Familiarity and compliance with Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment.
- Ability to function well in emergencies.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the Nursing Department and that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment.
Why you should apply:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great work environment
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.