Hours: per diem
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings.
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the JGS, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY:
As the Housekeeper you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed or called
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments
- File complaints/grievances with your supervisor
STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNCTIONS
- Participate and assist in department studies and projects as directed
- Attend and participate in annual OSHA and CDC in-service training programs for hazard communication, TB management, and bloodborne pathogens standard
SAFETY AND SANITATION FUNCTIONS
- Follow established fire safety policies and procedures
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies as needed (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
SAFETY AND SANITATION FUNCTIONS (cont.)
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions when necessary
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and MSDSs
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor
- Ensure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures
- Participate in appropriate in-service training program prior to performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or hazardous chemicals
- Report missing or improperly labeled containers of hazardous chemicals to your supervisor
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials and/or hazardous wastes or chemicals
- Follow established hand washing procedures
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established sanitation procedures
- Follow established policies governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious wastes
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing service
- Other(s) that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner
- Clean up spills as needed
EQUIPMENT AND SAFETY FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as soon as practical and replace as needed
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as necessary or directed
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift
HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE FUNCTIONS
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc., daily as instructed
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance exit ways
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.)
- Clean carpets to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times and end of the workday
- Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident information.
- Knock before entering a resident’s room
- Honor the residents’ personal and property rights
- Inform resident when it is necessary to move his/her personal possessions during cleaning procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.