Dietary Aide/Michael’s Cafe- Full Time
Dietary Aide/Michael’s Cafe
Full time, Mon- Fri., 7am-3:30pm
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares dining room for all meal services.
- Assists in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Customer service and cash/credit card handling
- Prepares various food items in conjunction with the cook.
- Assists in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Assists in food preparation for special meals for parties etc.
- Serves residents and staff in a courteous, orderly manner.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Responds positively and timely to all resident, family and co-workers requests.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Clears away all dirty dishes from dining areas and resets properly.
- Insures that nourishment kitchens are properly cleaned and stocked in a timely fashion.
- Obtains food supplies for next meal.
- Prepares and delivers snacks as instructed.
- Follows established infection control and universal precaution policies when performing daily tasks.
- Is alert to and acts upon any resident safety issues.
- Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains all work areas in an orderly manner.
- Sweeps and mops floors and clean storage areas as directed.
- Performs routine daily and special cleaning assignments.
- Tends and loads dish machine following established procedures.
- Removes clean dishes for dish racks and stores them properly.
- Washes and sanitizes tray delivery trucks.
- Disposes of trash and garbage as needed and keeps work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies etc.
- Adheres to established rules of Kasruth.
- Accommodates rotating days and shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Completes all mandatory inservices.
- Meets JGS LIFECARE attendance requirements.
- Meets JGS JEWISH LIFECARE non-tardiness requirements.
- Adheres to JGS LIFECARE dietary dress code.
- Attends meetings with Food Service Director and supervisors.
- Adheres to all aspects of the Resident’s Rights Act.
- Demonstrates proper procedures for fire safety.
- Demonstrates respect for resident property by proper handling and storage.
- Follows scheduled break times as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains a quiet, stress free environment by minimizing disruptive actions – verbal or physical.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of previous kitchen experience is a plus
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.