Wait Staff (Assisted Living )
**For more information on open positions at Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-6337.
Kaplan Estates, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA, is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to seniors in Massachusetts for over 100 years! Kaplan Estates is an Assisted Living Community that offers the perfect balance of independence and support for our active seniors where they can experience worry-free living at its best, and receive personal attention that goes one step beyond!
Position Summary: We are looking for Wait Staff who have a desire to be a part of our extended family-like community. Qualified individuals will courteously and professionally serve residents in the dining room in a kind, courteous and caring manner.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Easy access from 128/95, Rte 1 to our campus on Lynnfield St.
- And more!
- Takes food and beverage orders from residence and serves meals on a timely basis that are both presentable and appetizing an appearance.
- Sets up and delivers meals to residence apartment receiving room service.
- Handles request from residence to require assistance with meal selection or have specific needs.
- Set up dining room for the next scheduled meal.
- Assist in inventorying supplies.
- Attends in service program seminars and workshops as directed.
- Advises supervisor one supplies diminish for re-order.
- Exhibits strong customer service skills with residence visitors and their families.
- Follows all safety regulations and infection control procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Takes and delivers accurate meals orders to residents
- Serve residents beverages and food as requested
- Review daily menu with residents
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area
- Informs their Supervisor of food needs and resident questions and concerns
- Setting up and breaking down dining rooms
- Must keep work stations neat and stocked
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures as well as related health department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
- Must be able to serve food and beverages for residence in a prompt and efficient manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous dining room and server experience
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time they will also be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures
Hours: Full Time and Part Time availability
Schedule: 6:00am-2:30pm and 3:30pm-7:30pm
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including full-vaccination status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.