Volunteers | Chelsea Jewish Hospice and Palliative Care
NOTE: THIS IS ANON-PAIDPOSITION.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO BE A COMPANION WITH OUR HOSPICE PATIENTS.
Chelsea JewishLifecare, a non-profit organization in Chelsea, is seeking an individual that takes pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population.
Position Summary:The Volunteer is a highly trained individual prepared to offer emotional and task-oriented support to patients and families before death and during the first year of bereavement, functioning as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Works with the Interdisciplinary Team to meet the needs of patients and families
- Do errands for patients and patients’ families and friends
- Perform light housekeeping tasks
- Reports all significant experiences with patients to staff
- Follows all agency standards for patient care including, but not limited to, universal precautions and OSHA regulations for safety and infection control
- Document volunteer hours for all activities according to department protocol in a timely fashion.
- Other duties may apply
- Commitment to the hospice philosophy of care
- Willingness to make a one year commitment to volunteering
- Completion of the Chelsea Jewish Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteer Training Program, or individualized training depending on previous hospice experience.
- Meet all agency requirements for patient care volunteers including, but not limited to, a criminal background check and annual TB Testing.
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Other qualifications may apply
Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees and volunteers. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment and volunteerism without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.