Vent Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
Leonard Florence Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, a non-profit organization in the Boston area, is seeking a Vent Nurse to join our team! The vent nurse will work in a uniquely specialized unit at our Leonard Florence Center For Living building in Chelsea, MA.This building is the first urban Green House in the country, the Center features a home-like environment with every modern convenience. The Green House environment, a truly revolutionary concept in nursing home care, fosters a wonderful sense of community and family within the home. There are no nurse’s stations or medical carts; the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
Position Summary: The purpose of this role is to provide care in particular for the vent unit at our facility. The role is also responsible for performing nursing duties including assessing residents, administering medicine, treatments and managing total resident care.
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Observe residents: chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment.
- Provide basic resident care or treatments, such as, but not limited to temperatures and blood pressures
- A nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current and valid Massachusetts licensure
- Prior vent experience in a skilled nursing care facility, acute care setting, or other related field is preferred
- Must possess strong clinical assessment skills
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
Chelsea Jewish LifeCareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.