Trained Nursing Assistant | German Centre
- Would you like to become a Certified Nursing Assistant?
- Do you have a passion for caring for people?
- We train you! Pay you! Employee you! And then promote you to a CNA!
Get paid for training, immediate employment, and opportunity for advancement with our Trained Nursing Assistant program!
German Centre at Deutsches Altenheim is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible.
Position Summary: German Centre is currently seeking candidates for our Trained Nursing Assistant positions. These positions are assistants to the CNAs. They provide direct and indirect care to residents under the supervision of a nurse and perform other duties assigned by nurses and other clinical and administrative leadership. The Trained Nursing Assistants collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to maximize the quality of life for our residents. They are responsible for performing a variety of functions as assigned and are expected to adhere to the provisions in the employee handbook.
Indirect Resident Care Duties:
- Performs duties of homemaker when needed
- Answers call light in a timely manner
- Places all belongings within patients reach (call light, pitcher, glasses, remote, etc.)
- Serves and collect meal trays, assists during meals, sanitizes/cleans tables after meals
- Assists residents in communication involving technology (Zoom, Face time, others)
- Assists with monitoring residents in common area to maintain safety, providing 1:1 supervision as needed
- Assists residents in admission and discharge including inventory of belongings
- Gathers supplies needed for provision of care
- Makes unoccupied beds
- Assists residents in activity engagement of their choice and interest
- Assists in assigned housekeeping tasks
- Performs other indirect care duties normally assigned to CNAs and homemakers as directed.
Direct Resident Care Duties:
- Primarily performs selected CNA tasks after training
- Assist residents who are not on aspiration or swallowing risks during meals
- Performs incontinent care in bed to residents who are able to move in bed
- Makes occupied bed
- Provides full or partial bed bath
- Assists residents in dressing and personal hygiene
- Assists CNAs during provision of with residents requiring 2-staff assistance except in mechanical transfer
- Assists in getting weights
- Performs all other CNA tasks after training
- Performs other direct care duties normally assigned to CNAs, with training, as directed
Limitation of Duties:
- The following tasks regularly done by CNAs and are not part of the TNAs’ responsibilities*
- Transfer of residents (manual or mechanical)
- Assisting resident in shower alone
- Documentation of care or ADLs (CNAs or nurses will document tasks)
- Other documentation: meal percentage, I and O, bowel and bladder function, others
- Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Responsible for using personal protective equipment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Ability to respect and communicate effectively with co-workers and managers;
- Strictly adheres to resident’s confidentiality, resident rights and abuse prohibition
- Adheres to facility’s safety regulations and infection control policies and procedures when performing tasks;
- Mandatory reporter of actual and suspected abuse and knowledgeable of facility mandatory reporting practices regarding any suspected cases of abuse, mistreatment, or neglect;
- Maintains safe conditions by monitoring environment for spills, wet floors, needed repairs, lighting, obstacles, etc. and uses safe techniques in all work duties.
- Health and Dental insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Competitive pay
Deutsches Altenheim conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Deutsches Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.