Trained Nursing Assistant – Become a CNA!
- Have you ever dreamt of becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant?
- Do you have a passion for caring for people?
- Now is your chance!
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
JGS Lifecare will…
Train you! Pay you! Promote you!
- Get paid for training, immediate employment, and opportunity for advancement with our Trained Nursing Assistant program!
- Schedule for the program is Mon-Fri on 1st shift for 4 weeks
- The TNA Program is a combination of classroom and hands-on learning
- Once you complete the program: Get promoted to a C.N.A! Choose from 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift, full time or part time (minimum of 24 hours per week)
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: Trained Nursing Assistants function as a support to the Certified Nursing Assistants. They provide direct and indirect care to residents under the supervision of a nurse, support the C.N.A.’s and perform other duties assigned by nurses and other clinical and administrative leadership. The Trained Nursing Assistants collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to maximize the quality of life for our residents.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Free groceries every Friday
- Company paid trips
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- And more!
*Health, Dental, Company-Paid Life Insurance All other benefits for 24+Hours/week.
Indirect Resident Care Duties:
- Performs duties of homemaker when needed
- Answers call light in a timely manner
- Places all belongings within patients reach (call light, pitcher, glasses, remote, etc.)
- Serves and collect meal trays, assists during meals, sanitizes/cleans tables after meals
- Assists residents in communication involving technology (Zoom, Face time, others)
- Assists with monitoring residents in common area to maintain safety, providing 1:1 supervision as needed
- Assists residents in admission and discharge including inventory of belongings
- Gathers supplies needed for provision of care
- Makes unoccupied beds
- Assists residents in activity engagement of their choice and interest
- Assists in assigned housekeeping tasks
- Performs other indirect care duties normally assigned to CNAs and homemakers as directed.
Direct Resident Care Duties:
- Primarily performs selected CNA tasks after training
- Assist residents who are not on aspiration or swallowing risks during meals
- Performs incontinent care in bed to residents who are able to move in bed
- Makes occupied bed
- Provides full or partial bed bath
- Assists residents in dressing and personal hygiene
- Assists CNAs during provision of with residents requiring 2-staff assistance except in mechanical transfer
- Assists in getting weights
- Performs all other CNA tasks after training
- Performs other direct care duties normally assigned to CNAs, with training, as directed
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19 before working in our facility.
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.