Respiratory Therapist | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Leonard Florence Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, a non-profit organization in the Boston area, is seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join our team! The Respiratory Therapist will work in a uniquely specialized unit at our Leonard Florence Center for Living building in Chelsea, MA. This building is the first urban Green House in the country, the Center features a home-like environment with every modern convenience. The Green House environment, a truly revolutionary concept in nursing home care, fosters a wonderful sense of community and family within the home. There are no nurse’s stations or medical carts; the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
Position Summary: This purpose of this position is to administer the standardized types of respiratory therapy including oxygen, therapeutic and medicinal gases, mist-inhalation and aerosolized drugs to hospitalized patients.
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Observe residents: chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment
- Reads physician’s orders to determine requirements for treatment
- Delivers prescribed procedure and/or treatment to the patient
- Notifies nursing department or physician of adverse reactions to treatment and documents reaction in patient’s chart
- Prepares and maintains patient chart per departmental policy.
- Inspects and tests all equipment prior to use
- A nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current and valid Massachusetts licensure
- Must possess strong clinical assessment skills
- Must possess strong computer skills
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Per Diem
Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.