Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager (House Mentor)
We are seeking an individual that takes pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population.
The award-winning Leonard Florence Center for Living Green House is a revolutionary, state-of-the-art skilled nursing residence. As the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, the Center is dramatically different from a traditional nursing home.
Leonard Florence Center for Living in Chelsea, seeks a Unit Manager to join its team. The right person will have a strong clinical background and supervisory experience.
The Unit Manager+ is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day department activities of a Green House Household. You will be working on a busy and vibrant short-term rehabilitation unit in a modern facility with staffing ratios above industry averages, an on-site medical group, and a unique “household” model of care. You will be part of a management team of proven, dedicated professionals committed to quality care and personal growth.
- Assumes responsibility for all nursing care provided to residents within an assigned unit; knows the residents’ conditions at all times; observes and supervises nursing care according to physician’s orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reports on residents’ conditions and assists with or institutes remedial measures of adverse developments.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment which is conducive to the best interest and welfare of residents.
- Investigates and studies trends and developments in nursing practices and techniques and assesses their adaptability to the needs of specific nursing policies.
- Instructs staff in the use of policies and procedures and assures that all policies and procedures are followed by nursing staff.
- RN graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensed is required
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor, preferred
- Must have excellent clinical assessment skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills.
- This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday with on-call rotating weekends
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
*Chelsea Jewish LifeCare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.