Physical Therapist Assistant (Part-Time or Per-Diem)| Leonard Florence Center for Living – Chelsea, MA
Position Summary: We are currently seeking a collaborative Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) who takes pleasure in working across disciplines to deliver exceptional care to a diverse range of patients. Our facility is truly one-of-a-kind, as we provide PT services to individuals with ALS, MS, and other progressive neurological diseases, as well as offer short-term rehab options in a standard SNF setting. Currently seeking Part time (weekends) and Per Diem staff for our SNF unit.
As a valued member of our Rehab Team, the Physical Therapist will provide compassionate and attentive services to our residents. This includes conducting thorough assessments, delivering effective treatments, and initiating referrals when appropriate, all in alignment with departmental procedures.
- Associates degree for Physical Therapy Assistant from an accredited institution.
- Current state licensure in Massachusetts
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, equipment and/or residents.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch regularly
- Must be able to use hands to manipulate tools, equipment, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
- Must have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability
- Provides Physical Therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate
- Conduct screenings of residents as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to determine need for intervention/treatment
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members
- Coordinates and implements treatment plans
- Documents results of resident’s treatment
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement in the planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our modern campus in Chelsea, MA
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Groceries
- And more!
Hours: Part-Time or Per Diem
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit, the only one of the kind in the world!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.