Nurse/Graduate Registered Nurse
Student nurses utilize the nursing process to ensure quality of care for residents in the facility and is responsible for resident’s direct care including, administration of medication and treatments for residents, and carrying out doctor orders, and family/MD notification as necessary under the supervision of another licensed nurse or nursing supervisor.
- Administers medications and treatment to residents timely, safely, and accurately
- Communicates effectively and professionally with residents, families, visitors and other health professionals regarding residents’ conditions
- Assesses residents for changes in status, notifies MD and family, and does interventions as needed.
- Carries out MD orders accurately
- Maintains resident confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations including proper use of EHR and electronic records
- Communicates with physician and nurse practitioner regarding resident status and medical interventions.
- Plans interventions to meet resident needs, in conjunction with the resident and his/her family and other members of the disciplinary team.
- Provides direct care to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the residents.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions in achieving the resident care goal. Modify the resident care plan as indicated.
- Documents accurately and timely assessment data, resident response to interventions, and all nursing care activities.
- Performs narcotic count when receiving or surrendering keys and report discrepancies immediately to the Supervisor/DON.
- Monitors and uses equipment and the environment to promote resident and staff safety.
- Participates in unit or center meetings, interdisciplinary care planning meetings, quality improvement programs, and budget process.
- Delegates and supervise the care delivery of other nursing staff.
- Practices proper infection control and prevention
- Participates in the education of residents, families, and staff.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Exemplifies professionalism and exhibit values which contribute to the achievement of the Mission of the facility.
- Provides good customer service to residents, patients, families
- Reports all suspicion and actual abuse immediately to nursing supervisor, DON, ED, or DPH
- Seeks to improve self through additional training and personal improvement
- Maintains professionalism and adheres to employee conduct sets forth in the employee handbook
- Seeks assistance immediately when encountering patient care situations that are beyond his or her competency and level of academic preparation
- Performs other duties assigned by charge nurse, nurse manager, nursing supervisor, and/or DON
Must be attending the last semester of a BORN (Board of Registered Nurse) approved registered nursing program
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.