Medical Records/Unit Clerk | Katzman Center for Living
Medical Records/Unit Clerk Position
Katzman Center for Living
- Compile, process, archive and maintain patient health records in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the Foundation.
- Protects the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in paper and electronic formats. Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Process, store and retrieve admission and discharge electronic health information according to Foundation policies.
Assist manager on rehab unit withscheduling patient follow up appointments, including transportation Maintain enrollment for long-term residents in the Health Drive program for requested services
- Participate in order distribution, tracking, assessing and archiving functions as requested.
- Assist in resolution or clarification of missing or unclear documentation by consulting with doctors, clinicians or others and/or by participating in team meetings.
- Process and prepare business or government forms as assigned.
- Assist in training other staff in medical record and documentation standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- experience in a Long Term Care or healthcare settings is preferred
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Solid organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
- Voluntary Benefits
Chelsea Jewish LifeCare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.