Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or
Registered Nurse (RN)
Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care far removed from traditional nursing homes. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Residents who are completely immobilized are able to control the lights, turn on the TV, open doors and raise window shades just by using their eyes. In addition, there are three homes dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and four homes dedicated to long-term care for seniors. Named after the late Chelsea-born philanthropist Leonard Florence, The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center was to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. We are looking for quality nurses to join our organization.
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Observe residents: chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment.
- Provide basicresident care or treatments, such as, but not limited totemperaturesand blood pressures
- Experienced Long-Term Care Graduate from accredited school of nursing
- Current Massachusetts RN licensure
- Experience in Geriatrics or long-term care is preferred but not required
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.