Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Shahbazim (Certified Nursing Assistant)
Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care far removed from traditional nursing homes. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Residents who are completely immobilized are able to control the lights, turn on the TV, open doors and raise window shades just by using their eyes. In addition, there are three homes dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and four homes dedicated to long-term care for seniors. Named after the late Chelsea-born philanthropist Leonard Florence, The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center was to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases.
As a member of our nursing team, the Shahbazim (Certified Nursing Assistant) will work as part of a self-managed team directly responsible for providing high quality care to our residents while being a constant companion striving to protect, nurture and sustain the resident in a competent, caring and kind manner. In addition to providing high quality care, you are also responsible for resident safety and the delivery of all services and tasks under the resident care plan.
- Determine resident’s needs
- Provides residents with personal care
- Assists residents with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene and other care
- Assists residents with going short distances around the building
- Provides direct and indirect resident care services
- Other duties as assigned
- Current State Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA)
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members
- Various schedules are available!
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
Chelsea Jewish LifeCareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.