Wellness Nurse RN or LPN | Full Time
Wellness Nurse RN or LPN | Full Time
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings.
At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
Essential functions of position
- Responsible for the overall management and successful daily operation of the Garden Level Neighborhood
- Ensures excellence in resident care and programming.
- Provides outreach and support to families’.
- Hires and retains dedicated care managers.
- Facilitates ongoing training and educational opportunities for staff and families.
- Constantly learning about the most current information on Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Compliance with the annual in-service training requirements as outlined in the Assisted Living Regulations from the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA).
- Understanding of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance, Risk Management and Patient Safety.
- Performs all job requirements in a manner that exemplifies the Mission Statement of Jewish Geriatric Services.
- Adheres to Nurse Practice Act.
- Reports directly to Resident Care Director
- On call duty 1 week per month.Other special projects as identified and assigned by Executive Director
- Familiarity and compliance with Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of a NLN approved school for professional nursing.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Nurse in Massachusetts.
- CPR certified.
- One (1) year experience as professional nurse within last 3 years or completion of a refresher course in past year.
- One (1) year of experience in long-term care, home care, or assisted living.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to post-acute care.
- Ability to function well in emergencies.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the Nursing Department and that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great work environment
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.