Social Worker – Home Care (Per Diem)
Social Worker- Home Care and Hospice (MSW, Licensed)
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: The Social Worker provides psychosocial support and other Social Work services to patients and their families within JGS Lifecare at our Spectrum Home Health and Hospice Care division. Liaison between hospice staff and inpatient/nursing home staff. Develops social work plan of care, goals and makes recommendations based on patient/family needs for assigned patients. Develops social work plan of care and discharge plans when appropriate for patients admitted into inpatient facility, home care or hospice.
- Assure that social service/ counseling activities are integrated and coordinated for the patient.
- Develop specific measurable, realistic plans and objectives, which enhance social service delivery.
- Ability to perform a psychosocial assessment and reassessment on all terminally ill patients. This includes geriatric and the general patient population.
- Develop a written plan of care for each patient.
- Assess patient’s condition, initiate plan of care, rev-evaluate and update as necessary.
- Answers questions and offer emotional support to patient and family.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical social work.
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial needs of patients and family.
- Interact professionally with patient/family and involve patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, Clinical Nurse Manager and administrative team.
- Coordinate and direct social services to ensure patients’ needs are met and agency policy is followed.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Participate in performance improvement activities for department.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consult with other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Documentation meets current standard and policies.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited institution
- Current Massachusetts Clinical Social Work License (LCSW, LICSW)
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable automobile.
- 3 or more years of previous experience in all aspects of social services Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.