Server/Wait Staff (Weekends)
Server/Wait Staff (Weekends, Part Time)
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: The Dining Server/Wait Staff) serves food and beverages to residents at Ruth’s House, our Assisted Living program, in accordance with established a JGS Lifecare policies and procedures. They perform duties under the direction of the dining services director to assure that quality food service is provided to meet the needs of the residents in a kind, caring and compassionate manner.
- Takes food and beverage orders from residence and serves meals on a timely basis that are both presentable and appetizing an appearance.
- Sets up and delivers meals to residence apartment receiving room service.
- Handles request from residence to require assistance with meal selection or have specific needs.
- Set up dining room for the next scheduled meal.
- Assist in inventorying supplies.
- Attends in service program seminars and workshops as directed.
- Advises supervisor one supplies diminish for re-order.
- Exhibits strong customer service skills with residence visitors and their families.
- Follows all safety regulations and infection control procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures as well as related health department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
- Must be able to serve food and beverages for residence in a prompt and efficient manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous dining room and server experience
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time they will also be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures
- Weekly Payroll
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
Hours: 16 hours per week
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday; 6:30am – 3:00pm
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including full-vaccination status of the Covid-19 vaccine.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is prohibited by law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.