Resident Care Assistant $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Resident Care Assistant (Assisted Living) | Ruth’s House
$1,000 Sign-On for Part-Time or Full-Time!
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: The Resident Care Assistant provides compassionate care to our Residents through with their ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) and overseeing their Self-administered Medication Management. Light Housekeeping and Companionship are also a key component of this role.
- Life, Health and Dental*
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
* Full-Time only. Waiting periods apply. All other benefits for 24+Hours/week.
- Provide hands-on resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents, and as outlined in each resident’s Individual Service Plan
- Assists in providing residents with a positive physical, social and psychological environment
- Effectively communicates with residents and families
- Notifies appropriate supervisor of any changes in condition or concerns
- Reviews the daily log and makes appropriate entries as needed
- Performs all job requirements in a manner that exemplifies the Mission Statement of JGS LifeCare
- Compliance with the annual in-service training requirements as outlined in the Assisted Living Regulations from the Executive Office of Elder Affaires (EOEA)
- Other duties as deemed necessary/appropriate and as assigned
- Preferred: Certification in Massachusetts as a CNA or HHA, but we will train individuals who demonstrate a strong desire to pursue a career in the geriatric healthcare field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (exception at the discretion of the Executive Director)
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which included a medical and physical examination
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize task and assignments
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other staff
- Ability to meet physical demands including standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting or transferring a minimum of 60lbs
Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift- Full time, Part time, & per diem openings!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is prohibited by law.
keywords: nursing, resident aide, healthcare aide, nursing aide, cna, hha, home health aide, personal care aid, geriatrics, elders, assisted living, healthcare
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.