Laundry Aide (FULL TIME)
Laundry Aide | FULL TIME | includes every other weekend
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
As a member of our Housekeeping Team, the Laundry Aide ensures that our Residents’ clothing and linens are collected, transported, laundered, folded and delivered in an efficient, caring and professional manner to ensure the comfort and safety of the Residents.
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, their families and other staff members
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Collects soiled laundry from resident closets
- Examines names on laundry to insure it matches the resident’s name and bed number
- Brings soiled laundry to the garage and from the garage to the truck for the outside company
- Restocks linen carts and linen supply areas
- Delivers personal laundry
- Uses proper procedure for entering resident rooms by knocking and identifying
- Hangs personal clothes in the resident closets
- Collects cubicle curtains to be washed and returns them when cleaned
- Prepares linen carts with the clean linen to be brought to the units
- Is knowledgeable about how to use the washing machines in an emergency
- Sorts and folds clothes when required to do so
- Labels personal laundry for all new residents upon admission
- Is alert to and acts upon any resident safety issues
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- In-Service Training and Development Programs
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, including every other weekend
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.