Homecare RN | Full Time | M-F, Days
Registered Nurse | Homecare | Full Time
Full Time! Mon- Fri.* First Shift*On Call responsibility required every 3rd weekendJGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Full Time eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Provides direct and indirect care.
- In conjunction with the attending physician’s orders, responds to human responses that are actual or potential through assessment, nursing diagnoses, interventions and re-evaluation on an as needed basis.
- Integral and participatory member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Coordinates patient/family care concerns as well as professional and paraprofessional staffing issues that arise after business hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ensures all services/programs are in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Understanding of HIPAA, Corporate Compliance, Risk Management and Patient Safety.
- Performs all job requirements in a manner that exemplifies the Mission Statement of Jewish Geriatric Services.
- Adheres to Nurse Practice Act.
- Full and part time positions require on call rotation and patient visits as needed for weekday evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Other projects as identified and assigned.
- Graduate of a NLN approved school for professional nursing.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Massachusetts.
- CPR certified.
- Driver’s license, clean driving record, and available vehicle.
- Three years of current nursing experience.
- Two years’ experience in home care setting ideal.
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in geriatric nursing.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to post-acute care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment.
- IV Therapy Skills desirable.
- Ability to function well in emergencies
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by policies of the facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment.
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.