Floor Tech ( Full Time)
Floor Tech (Full Time)
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: The Floor Tech is primarily responsible for floor care of the facility including but not limited to cleaning all floors within the area to ensure the comfort and safety of our residents, family members and staff. Floor maintenance which may including sweeping, vacuuming, mopping waxing and buffing of floors and cleaning outside hard surfaces including varnishing and daily floor maintenance
- Maintain all floor surfaces including tiled and carpeted floors.
- Responsible for re-finishing floors where necessary.
- Responsible for utilizing infection control procedures while cleaning all floor areas.
- Responsible for cleaning all floor equipment at least weekly.
- Moves furniture as necessary to maintenance of the floors of the center.
- Responsible in assisting the housekeeping/laundry supervisor in various housekeeping projects.
- High School education or GED.
- Able to operate floor care equipment, such as buffers, burnishears, “wet vac” and auto scrubbers
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long- term care setting preferred
- Must be able to stoop, bend to the floor, stretch, lift 30 pound containers of laundry chemicals, lift and pull heavy, wet laundry from commercial washing machines, and to stand for prolonged periods of time. ! Â• Must be able to read, as necessary to following written instructions
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Schedule: Weekdays & Every-Other-Weekend
- Life, Health and Dental*
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. if selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations, including full-vaccination status for Covid-19.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.