Dietary Aide (Full Time)
Dietary Aide | Full Time | JGS Lifecare – JNH
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: We are looking for professional servers who have a desire to be a part of an extended community. Qualified individuals will courteously and professionally serve residents in the dining room. Our assisted living community encourages and nurtures growth from within and is extremely accepting of all individuals. The desire to help, learn and grow within our community is the basis of our extended and committed staff.
- Life, Health and Dental
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living
- Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock®
- Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
• Prepares and clears room for before, during and after all meal services. • Assists in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis. • Prepares various food items in conjunction with the cook. • Assists in checking diet trays before distribution. • Assists in food preparation for special meals for parties etc. • Serves residents and staff in a courteous, orderly manner. • Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures. • Responds positively and timely to all resident, family and co-workers requests. • Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information. • Insures that nourishment kitchens are properly cleaned and stocked in a timely fashion. • Sweeps and mops floors and clean storage areas as directed. • Performs routine daily and special cleaning assignments.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language • Must be able to follow oral and written instructions • Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action • Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public • Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning • Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties • Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace • Experience working in a kitchen helpful • Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods • Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week. Shift: 10:30am-7pm.
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is prohibited by law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.