Cook (Full Time)
Cook | Full Time | JGS Lifecare – JNH
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
Position Summary:The cook will prepare food in accordance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines and regulations. The cook will work in collaboration with the dietitian, residents and the CNAs. Duties:
- Review menus prior to preparing food
- Work with the dietitian and implement recommended changes
- Develop and maintain good working rapport with the CNAs and members of the team
- Attend in-service programs as directed
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus and therapeutic diet requirements.
- Prepare alternative food selections
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times
- Assists in maintaining the food storage area in a clean and properly arranged manner
- Ensures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- 1-2 year of previous experience working with bulk food preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a long-term care facility is preferred but not required
- Experience with safe handling of food
- Knowledge of Kosher cooking is a plus
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
Hours: Full-Time 40 hours per week. Shift is 5:30am-2pm and includes weekends.
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is prohibited by law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.