Assistant Clinical Director – Home Care and Hospice
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
We are looking for someone who can:
The ACD is responsible for assisting the Clinical Director with compliance with Federal and State regulations as they pertain to Hospice and Home Health, policy and procedure development, and supervision of daily nursing activities. The ACD is responsible for matching the learning needs of nursing staff and non-nursing staff with educational programs designed to meet dynamic patient care demands.
What Are We Looking For?
- Evaluation of potential Homecare clients.
- Provision of case management.
- Assesses, plans, and implements educational programs based on patient needs and staff skills assessments.
- Participates in new employee orientation.
- Assists in coordinating the annual in-service training calendar in accordance with regulatory requirements, OSHA mandates, and operational policies.
- Uses accepted principles of adult education to promote an optimal learning experience for staff.
- Maintains records of course offerings, attendance, course objectives, content outlines, and evaluations of individual learning.
- Assures that presentations including behavioral objectives or demonstrations and return demonstration when appropriate.
- Arranges skills validation for nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants as required.
- Tracks nursing licenses, certifications, and CPR training of all nursing staff.
- Tracks, administers, and documents PPD for patients, staff, and new hires according to facility policies.
- Serves as or coordinates First Responder Nurses program to initially assess/treat employee injuries.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to assure that all medical information required for new hires is complete, timely, and filed.
- Collaborates with Therapy to develop effective staff education, demonstrations, and training in body mechanics for all staff.
- Establishes and implements infection control policies and procedures.
- Promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication within the various departments and with other departments.
- Assist and participate in the QAPI program.
- Develop or maintain current CJC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule weekend and holiday visits / staffing.
- Assist with visits and on call as needed.
- Plans and arranges for consultation needs of staff; prepares and maintains current policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, accrediting bodies, state, etc. laws and implements such; revises concurrently.
- Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service personnel.
- Knowledge and ability to apply community health principles and practices.
- Ability to relate and work well with others within each level of authority and responsibility.
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Clinical Director.
- Valid MA RN license for with at least five years of nursing experience in clinical setting.
- Valid MA driver’s license.
What Schedules are Available?
Hours: Full-Time – 40 Hours per week
What we can do for you?
- Life, Health and Dental*
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose JGS Lifecare
JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At JGS Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
JGS Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.