On Monday, June 17, 2019, JGS Lifecare, hosted our 39th Annual Frankel-Kinsler Classic Day of Tournaments at Twin Hills Country Club in Longmeadow, raising over $97,000 for the care of our community’s elders.
This popular annual community fundraising event has been renamed to reflect that it is more than simply a golf tournament, with participants competing in tennis, bridge, canasta and mahjong outnumbering our golfers. Our intent is to create a fun day of tournament play across multiple activities, to attract a wide range of people interested in a day of camaraderie and competition to help raise funds to support our mission of caring. The event is also our way of continuing to honoring the memory of Michael J. Frankel, former chairman of the JGS Lifecare Board of Directors, and the families of Raymond and Herman Kinsler, longtime leaders and supporters, for their exemplary commitment to those served by JGS Lifecare.
Great effort is put into creating a celebratory atmosphere, including a lively cocktail reception featuring the live music of The Blood Brothers Band, a band that Michael Frankel helped form and was their drummer. After the awards dinner, the band played outdoors into the evening, providing attendees with a full day of fun and entertainment. 38 raffle prizes were awarded with the 55” TV going to Doris Margolis; four Red Sox Tickets going to Ellie Rappaport (granddaughter of Andy Cohen!); and the MGM gift package of a one night’s stay and a $100 food and beverage gift card awarded to Dennis Gordon. Congratulations to all of the winners!
Event proceeds will enrich programming and services for the more than 400 people cared for each day across the JGS Lifecare family of services, as well as support staff skill and career advancement through the funding of educational scholarships.
As an organization whose majority of funding comes through Medicaid, we continue to seek ways to engage community support to help provide the necessary fiscal resources for us to maintain our quality of care and enrich our programming.
2019 Frankel-Kinsler Classic Golf Champions
- Low Gross – (65) Keith Cunningham, Ed Sabella, Vincent Guardione and Anthony Guardione
- 2nd Gross – (66) Stephen Krevalin, Ken Albano, Adam Quinneville and Israel Schepps
- Low Net – (47) Mark Marci, Jake Sweeney, James Toomey and Steve Cabana
- 2nd Net – (49 mc) Paul Vangsness, Scott Feinstein, Peter Vangsness, and Erik Vangsness
- 3rd Net – (49 mc) Mark Katz, Jerry Schreibstein, Andy Zolotor and Ben Falk
- Closest to the Pin – (hole 3) Ed Sabella 6’3”; (hole 9) Adam Quenneville 4’ 3”; (hole 13) Ben Falk 5’ 11”; (hole 18) Dave Ferrence 7’ 8”
- Longest Drive – (hole 11) Keith Cunningham and Devorah Jacobson
- Closest to the Line – (hole 1) Jon Rappaport
- 2019 Frankel-Kinsler Classic Tennis Champion – Amy Corsetti
Special Thanks to Our Event Sponsors!
- Harry Grodsky & Co.
- ProCare LTC Pharmacy
- SEI Investments Company
- Steve and Georgianne Roberts
- Albert & Judith Goldberg Family Foundation
- Berkshire Bank
- Century Investment
- Epstein Financial Services
- Kaste Industrial Machine Sales, Inc.
- Meyers Brothers Kalicka, P.C.
Table Sponsors ($1,000)
- Aaron Smith, P.C.
- Pearson Systems, Inc.
Cart Sponsor ($750)
- Aaron Posnik & Co., Inc.
- Acme Metals and Recycling
- Adam Quenneville Roofing
- Alissa and Steve Korn
- Bacon/Wilson, P.C.
- Bruce & Barbara Winer & Family
- Carr Property Management, Inc.
- Contractors Home Appliances, Inc.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Associates of New England
- Gekay Sales & Service Inc.
- Goldsmith, Katz, and Argenio P.C.
- Goodless Electric Co.
- HPC Foodservice
- Kosher Mart Foods
- NAI Plotkin
- New England Retina Consultants
- Sixt Rent A Car
- U.S.A. Hauling & Recycling Inc.
- Ascher Zimmerman Funeral Home
- Associated Building Wreckers (2)
- Atty. Michael and Ann Chernick
- Betsy and Joel Bertuzzi
- Bonnie and Dan Engelman (2)
- Brad’s Service Center
- Brennan Family Foundation
- Broadway Office Interiors, Inc.
- Capital Recovery Group, LLC
- Carol and Charlie Casartello
- Cohn Reznick, LLP
- Cooley, Shrair P.C.
- Corporate Systems Associates (2)
- Crestal Health Periodontics
- Dave’s Soda & Pet City
- Day Lumber Company
- Donna Frankel
- Dr. James Rosenthal
- Dr. Mary Kreitzer
- Eastern States Exposition (2)
- Eric & Barbara Sokol
- Fitzgerald Attorneys at Law
- Florence Dental Care
- Forest Park Eye Care
- Freedom Credit Union (2)
- Geriatric Medical (2)
- Glenmeadow Retirement Community
- Grosnick Financial
- Haberman Insurance Group
- Susan and Richard Halpern
- Horizon Sheet Metal
- Inglewood Development Corp.
- James and Barbara Sadowsky Family Fund
- James J. Dowd & Sons Insurance Agency, Inc.
- KG Pallet
- Kittredge Equipment
- Law Offices of James M. Smith
- Linda and Richard Goldrick
- Low & Picard Real Estate
- Lynn D. and Gilbert A. Haberman Family Fund (2)
- Mayor Domenic Sarno (City of Springfield)
- Mountain View Landscapes
- New England Orthopedic Surgeons
- Petruccelli Family
- Qualified Plan Consultants, Inc.
- Ralph’s Blacksmith Shop
- Richard M. Gaberman, P.C.
- Robinson Donovan, P.C.
- Shatz, Schwartz & Fentin
- Spartan Auto Care Centers
- Springfield Corrugated Box, Inc.
- Steven Stimell
- The Collins Company
- The Welch Family
- UBS Financial Services
- Uno Chicago Grill
- Weiner Law Firm, P.C.
- William Sadowsky Family/
- Levsky Family Fund
- Winer Levsky Group
Donors $100 and Above
- Annette Diamond
- Trudi and Neil Epstein
- Lubavitcher Yeshiva Academy
- Abe Neigher
- Claire Rubin
- Patricia Smith
- William Sadowsky Family/Levsky Family Fund
- James Sadowsky
- Adele Barden
- Myrna Butler
- Saul Finestone
- Nicole Illouz
- Allen Mackler
Course Refreshment Sponsors
- Elisa and Jeffrey Goldberg
- Williams Distributing
- Insulated Mugs—Donated by Bolduc’s Apparel
- Golf Balls—Donated by Frank & Hillary Suher – ES Sports
Special Thanks to our Committee Members!
Sponsorships and Raffle: Richard Black, Alex Cohen, Jeff Grodsky, Larry Goldberg, Michael Horowitz, Brian Zippin and special thanks to Richard Halpern!
Golf: Richard Black, Alex Cohen, Ellie Covey, David Ference, Seymour Frankel, Jeff Grodsky, Fran Grosnick, Larry Goldberg, Richard Halpern, Michael Horowitz, Israel Schepps, and Brian Zippin
Cards: Jan Draymore, Seymour Frankel, Linda Radding, and Naomi Schoenberg
Tennis: Susan Goldsmith and Candace Weiner and special thanks to Ben Marcus!
Decorations: Bonnie Engelman, Margie Grodsky, Pam Kalman and Alissa Korn